TS-590S WWV Calibration Check Using fldigi
Dick Kriss
2011-07-31 20:34:02 UTC
The following is link to an annotated screen shot showing a recent fldigi check of the
Kenwood TS-590S calibration to the WWV 10 MHz signal.

It only takes a few seconds with fldigi to check the calibration. I was lucky on this
check when I selected the WWV signal like it was a PSK-31 tone and fldigi settled
and displayed 10000000.00 Hz for few seconds. As most TS-590S owners know it
is hard to tweak the SO-3 pot for calibration and it almost never settles on the
exact number.

I like using the frequency counter in fldigi rather than tying to adjust by listing to
tones per the Kenwood Users Manual. It easy to get the tones close using ears but
hard to tweak the SO-3 pot to display 10000000.00 Hz. My TS-590S changes from
band to band but when it showed 10 MHz I was a happy camper and snapped a
screen shot

73 Dick AA5VU

Ps: You do not need the TCXO to run this test. I should have tried adjusting mine
before installing the optional SO-3 TCXO.

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
linuxham-digest-***@public.gmane.org
linuxham-fullfeatured-***@public.gmane.org

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Dick Kriss
2011-08-01 13:01:33 UTC
((This is a repost to hopefully correct the screwed up word wrap))

http://www.qsl.net/aa5vu/fldigi-FreqAnalysis.png