FLRIG ICOM706MKIIG
maserowik maserowik-H+0wwilmMs3R7s880joybQ@public.gmane.org [linuxham]
2014-05-23 22:08:21 UTC
I have been for the past 3 day been trying to get rig control working
for my Icom 706MKIIG and it is not providing successful results.

Would someone who has the ICOM working care to share their setting?

FLRIG 1.3.15 compiled via source
running Linux Mint 16
USB remote cable

Thanks
Mike - N3BSQ

------------------------------------
Posted by: maserowik <maserowik-H+***@public.gmane.org>
Michael Coslo mjcn3li-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org [linuxham]

Posted by: Michael Coslo <mjcn3li-***@public.gmane.org>
Dave Wright hfradiopro-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org [linuxham]
2014-05-23 22:12:31 UTC
Gotta ask: Are you part of the dialout group?

sudo adduser NAME dialout

Replace NAME with your user name, log out and back in (or reboot) and see
if that helps.

By default on Ubuntu (and thus, Linux Mint), you cannot access the comports
until you make this change.

Dave

Dave
K3DCW

"Real radio bounces off the sky"
Mike - N3BSQ
maserowik maserowik-H+0wwilmMs3R7s880joybQ@public.gmane.org [linuxham]
2014-05-23 22:17:04 UTC
I am able to receive and transmit with out any issues.
I am in the dial out group.
The issue is I can not get the FLRIG to control the radio. I can
manually tune to radio and have a very good qso but would like to get
rig control working.
Mike - N3BSQ
maserowik maserowik-H+0wwilmMs3R7s880joybQ@public.gmane.org [linuxham]
2014-05-23 22:22:52 UTC
Hit the wrong key

I have a signalink USB that work great through the USB ports
I can see the USB port show up in the
grep |grep tty i get the correct response

[ 11.052173] usb 3-1: ch341-uart converter now attached to ttyUSB0
Mike - N3BSQ
Marty Hartwell mhartwe-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org [linuxham]

Posted by: Marty Hartwell <mhartwe-***@public.gmane.org>
maserowik maserowik-H+0wwilmMs3R7s880joybQ@public.gmane.org [linuxham]
Mike - N3BSQ
Ed autek-Wuw85uim5zDR7s880joybQ@public.gmane.org [linuxham]
2014-05-24 02:17:20 UTC
On Fri, 23 May 2014 22:08:49 -0400
Post by maserowik maserowik-H+***@public.gmane.org [linuxham]
I have a USB CI-V for rig control
flrig, rigCAT, hamlib ?????

Ed W3NR

------------------------------------
Posted by: Ed <autek-***@public.gmane.org>
Kelly Leavitt kelly-KG7L82I4mktrovVCs/uTlw@public.gmane.org [linuxham]
2014-05-24 12:26:53 UTC
Post by Ed autek-***@public.gmane.org [linuxham]
Post by maserowik maserowik-H+***@public.gmane.org [linuxham]
I have a USB CI-V for rig control
flrig, rigCAT, hamlib ?????
Ed W3NR
Look at the subject line or the original message. He is trying to get his 706MKIIG working with his CI-V cable and flrig.

Kelly
KB2SYD

------------------------------------
Posted by: Kelly Leavitt <kelly-KG7L82I4mktrovVCs/***@public.gmane.org>
Ed autek-Wuw85uim5zDR7s880joybQ@public.gmane.org [linuxham]
2014-05-24 12:48:49 UTC
On Sat, 24 May 2014 12:26:53 +0000
Post by Kelly Leavitt kelly-KG7L82I4mktrovVCs/***@public.gmane.org [linuxham]
Post by Ed autek-***@public.gmane.org [linuxham]
Post by maserowik maserowik-H+***@public.gmane.org [linuxham]
I have a USB CI-V for rig control
flrig, rigCAT, hamlib ?????
Ed W3NR
Look at the subject line or the original message. He is trying to get
his 706MKIIG working with his CI-V cable and flrig.
Kelly
KB2SYD
Saw that just as I hit enter.............

Ed W3NR

------------------------------------
Posted by: Ed <autek-***@public.gmane.org>

Geoff NW7GM geoff.nw7gm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org [linuxham]
2014-05-23 23:33:21 UTC
In the near future I will be working on the 706mk2g files for flrig to open
up (hopefully) more supported features in the program.

Geoff, NW7GM
Seattle, WA
CN87tr
Mike - N3BSQ
Michael Serowik maserowik-H+0wwilmMs3R7s880joybQ@public.gmane.org [linuxham]
2014-05-24 00:54:33 UTC
Geoff,
Can you still send me your settings when you have time?

Mike-n3bsq

Sent from my iPhone