fldigi + ft950/sdr-iq + SpectraVu + signalink
romers romansky romansky2002-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org [linuxham]
2014-10-12 03:49:14 UTC
Greetings and excuse me if this has been asked before...

Running fldigi and an FT 950 and using a signal link usb as the interface, and all works fine.

Running the ft950 and the sdr-iq (if2000 in the 950) under SpectraVu is fine. The audio from the 950 is fed to the computer sound card 'line in'. The spectral display works and the recovered audio is fine.

Now what I would like to do is use fldigi -- using the FT950 for tx and use the sdr-iq for receive. I was under the impression that the signal link had it's own sound card, so I thought it would be easy-peasy.

The problem is that when I start fldigi, it kills the audio from the sdr-iq. I'm running Win8 in order to accommodate SpectraVu, without having to run it on a virtual machine.

I suspect I'm doing something really silly with the audio lines, but I don't see what. I'm lots closer to age 80 than 70, so I occasionally don't see what's right in front of my face.

Thanks for any suggestions...

jerome - va7vv
Vancouver
Jerome Schatten romansky2002-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org [linuxham]